21 May 2017

on a roll

Well I went back outside to tidy up and came across another tag I had started but didn't like...so decided to throw a few bits on it and see what happened. . It was all random things on my desk which I should be tidying away.. I used gold and brown shed frescos on the tag.

Then I added some paper lace and bits and pieces..when they were dry I painted then lightly with black gesso and gently went over with the brown shed and gold paints. I added the tiniest dabs of green peas randomly.




I am going to enter this into the paper artsy challenge which you can pop over and see here.

Thanks for stopping by........................................

giant tag

well I went out to my shed to have a tidy up and decided to use a piece of fabric left over from my last powertex play.

So i got out one of my large mdf tags and added some tissue paper to it and painted over with a blue and green paint. I used some metalic paint over the top to give it a bit of a shine. I also added some clear crackle glaze and bead gel which i got from paper artsy. I picked up some random things laying around on my very untidy desk and started adding them to the tag.


A clock I made with a prima mold and also a little wooden heart,a couple of cogs and a cherub. I attached all the pieces to the tag and added a touch of snowflake fresco over the top to bring out the elements...I am going to enter this into the paper artst challenge Assemblages which you can see here



thanks for stopping by...........................................

Assemblages

The Paper Artsy challenge this time is Assemblages...it sounded interesting so decide to have a play ...you can go check it out here.

I had an empty sardine can sitting around in the kitchen...you know how it is never throw anything away!!!

I started by giving it a thick coat of white gesso...then some crackle paste and grunge paste to give it some texture.
I sprinkled some pink seed beads inside while it was still wet. I then cut a piece of cotton clothe and soaked it in fabric stiffener and made a curtain to go half way over. I cut a tim holtz frame and gave that a coat of gesso and crackle paste and stuck it to the front of the frame.I added some pigments and sprayed with water all around the edges in pink..I mixed some pale yellow pigment with perfect pearls and lightly painted the girls dress and added a little bit to the frame.

When it was all dry I stuck some flowers around the frame and stuck the little dancing girl on from my pack of paper dolls...lol





thanks for stopping by...........

7 May 2017

found objects

The challenge on the paperartsy blog this time is found objects and although I didn't find my piece it is art made from something which should be used as something else....if you know what I mean. anyhow you should pop over here and check out all the gorgeous art.

I started off with a magnifying glass bought from a pound shop. I put some Tim Holtz tissue on the back of the glass...I wanted it to still be a bit translucent. I put some grunge paste around the edges quite randomly and used some scrunched up paper to create some texture. I had a rummage through my stash and just picked out loads of bits and pieces including some flowers. I just kept adding them until I was happy and painted it all in little black dress fresco.






Next I sprayed Lindy's over the collage being careful not to cover the remaining glass. I sprayed some cheap hairspray next to hopefully hold the sprays on for the next step.I added some clear crackle to the remaining glass                                                                                                        
Then out came the treasure gold..green amber..brass and a lovely purple colour that was a one off colour from paper artsy.

Thanks for stopping by...