21 May 2017

Assemblages

The Paper Artsy challenge this time is Assemblages...it sounded interesting so decide to have a play ...you can go check it out here.

I had an empty sardine can sitting around in the kitchen...you know how it is never throw anything away!!!

I started by giving it a thick coat of white gesso...then some crackle paste and grunge paste to give it some texture.
I sprinkled some pink seed beads inside while it was still wet. I then cut a piece of cotton clothe and soaked it in fabric stiffener and made a curtain to go half way over. I cut a tim holtz frame and gave that a coat of gesso and crackle paste and stuck it to the front of the frame.I added some pigments and sprayed with water all around the edges in pink..I mixed some pale yellow pigment with perfect pearls and lightly painted the girls dress and added a little bit to the frame.

When it was all dry I stuck some flowers around the frame and stuck the little dancing girl on from my pack of paper dolls...lol





thanks for stopping by...........

3 comments:

  1. good job the paper dolls arrived then! you'd never guess thee was a sardine tin at the start of this - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would think a sardine tin could look so pretty? It's really delicate and pretty Lin. Nice to see your paper dolls and botanicals being put to good use so quickly.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..