7 May 2017

found objects

The challenge on the paperartsy blog this time is found objects and although I didn't find my piece it is art made from something which should be used as something else....if you know what I mean. anyhow you should pop over here and check out all the gorgeous art.

I started off with a magnifying glass bought from a pound shop. I put some Tim Holtz tissue on the back of the glass...I wanted it to still be a bit translucent. I put some grunge paste around the edges quite randomly and used some scrunched up paper to create some texture. I had a rummage through my stash and just picked out loads of bits and pieces including some flowers. I just kept adding them until I was happy and painted it all in little black dress fresco.






Next I sprayed Lindy's over the collage being careful not to cover the remaining glass. I sprayed some cheap hairspray next to hopefully hold the sprays on for the next step.I added some clear crackle to the remaining glass                                                                                                        
Then out came the treasure gold..green amber..brass and a lovely purple colour that was a one off colour from paper artsy.

Thanks for stopping by...                                                                                                                     

6 comments:

  1. Looks fab Lin!! Pretty and grungy at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous Lin. Treasure gold just sets everything off a treat! Great to see you playing. Xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..