27 Oct 2013

Sewing Room

The October challenge over on the Arty Inklings blog this month was 3D with a sewing theme...you can pop over and have a look here well I had this mannequin sitting on my desk for ages and nowhere to live lol.. I had made it one day when just playing around with the die and some old book pages.

I painted a piece of grey board with mermaid and bora bora fresco paints and stamped with coffee archival ink. I cut some lacey borders from a Tim Holtz die strip and stuck around the edge after painting it with chocolate pudding.

I have a big bag of empty spools so took 4 and painted them brown and used them as feet for my little stand. I then took 3 more all different sizes and coloured those too using a mixture of mermaid and chocolate pudding. I wrapped assorted lace and ribbon around them. I painted a small metal tin with little black dress and french roast and filled it with ribbon and buttons..laid the scissors across and voila!!

My sis in the USA would love this but not sure it would survive the journey!!

Thanks for stopping by....

Halloween..a challenge by Liz Borer

This week over on the Paper Artsy blog we have Liz Borer showing us some amazing projects. This one was inspired by Liz here. I don't have any Halloween stamps so had to go with what I had...

I couldn't find my new tub of grunge paste (found it now phew) so I used puff paint to write trick and treat on a piece of an old box. Most of what I did I followed along with Liz..using haystack..smoked paprika..claret and eggplant frescos. I stenciled some branches with my newly found grunge paste.

I cut the cat and raven from my movers and shapers die in black card and coated them with gloss glaze. the witches face is a Lynn Perella stamp from LP008 stamped onto crackly tissue and put onto a paper artsy paper head and cut to size..I made the hat and painted it black and added some glitter. I also used the bat wings from Eclectic 6. and jewels for the body. I stamped some script randomly and stuck everything down Lastly I went over the lettering with white fire TG and here it is...

Thanks for stopping by.....

20 Oct 2013

Clean and simple

Joanne Wardle was back on the Paper Artsy blog this week some more of her clean and simple projects. This card was inspired by day one which you can see here..so pop on over and have a look.

This has to be the quickest card I have ever made but I really enjoyed it!! I followed along with what Joanne did. I used two of the new fresco colours..caramel and toffee along with chocolate pudding and brown shed. I then added a thin layer of pearl glaze..

Thanks for stopping by.....

13 Oct 2013

Canvas inspired by Alison

Two posts in two days!! wow...Seemed to get a wee bit more time to myself this week and the weekend off as well. Alison Bomber did some lovely work this week over on the Paper Artsy blog you really should pop over and have a look here

This one was inspired by day 2...  I just used a 5x7 canvas and followed along with what Alison did.

 At the end of September some of us patwits got together for a two day class with Lin Brown up in Potterpury..well that is another blog post and coming soon I promise!! Well the naughty girls presented me with a lovely set of stamps by Darcy because I did a bit of organizing..so I decided to use them on my canvas and here it is...

12 Oct 2013

Inspired by Alison..

Over on the Paper Artsy blog this week we have had some fab projects by Alison Bomber..this was inspired by her first project which you can pop over and see here. I loved all the texture and great colours so out came my mole skine

I started off by sticking some book pages onto my book (although you can't see them now) Added different sized tags randomly onto the pages. I coated the page in snowflake and added the texture with some string,some trim and grunge paste. Then layers of colour using blood orange,claret,tango and autumn fire and sherbert fresco.I sprayed some paint on and blew through a straw to spread it around. Dried that and added some more colour using dry brushing.

I stamped my image onto crackly tissue,painted it from the back and stuck it onto my page. I stamped random Paper Artsy stamps onto the back ground using archival ink,and splattered some black paint over that...what a lovely way to spend your day off getting covered in paint!!

thanks for stopping by..

6 Oct 2013

Inspired by Jo Myhill

This week over on the Paper Artsy blog we have had some lovely projects from Jo, one of the new GD over on the blog. She has done some lovely projects, you really should pop over and see them here. I absolutely loved all three projects but had hardly any spare time this week.

Last weekend a group of #patwits and myself had a great weekend of classes with the very talented Lin Brown....but that's another blog post..watch this space lol! Sam Emma and I went into the local garden center to get some flowers and came across some very inexpensive little wooden boxes. Wow great for bellies we thought so seeing as they only had three there we got one each. So here is mine inspired by Jo...

I started by painting the whole box in snowflake frescos...at first it was painted in all shades of browns and black but I didn't like the end result.Jo suggested I paint it all in concrete and start again..which I did.
I stenciled the diamond pattern randomly all over the box using grunge paste and let that dry. I then stamped mini 96 with embossing ink and used utee to emboss. I then gave the whole box a coat of lake Wanaka..dried that and just started dry brushing with Antarctica and honey dew. I do love the texture of the embossing along with the grunge paste so thanks for that Jo..I finished off with some treasure gold around the edges and slightly over the embossing.I just wish we had been able to get more boxes..All I need to do now is fill it with bellies!!