20 May 2014

Finn Style

Over on the Arty Inklings blog Anita has set a challenge to do anything inspired by Finnebair. I absolutely love her work and would love to do one of her classes but she hasn't done one near enough to me yet...
As I had the day off work yesterday I thought I would join in with the challenge so had a play.. I used a piece of corrugated cardboard from an old box as my base and did tear just a few small bits from it before I started. I printed off a piccie I had downloaded ages ago and just started sticking whatever came to hand onto my piece. I love this Finn style because anything goes and a lot of the embellishments I used I had made from paper clay or hot glue using different molds. Once everything was stuck down I painted it all with gesso.




 Then using a mixture of IZINK (a purchase fron Version Scrap) in topaz and advocado and precious metals in turquoise,lime and cinnamon. I painted  and sprayed until I was happy with how it looked. The last step is to lightly go over the raised areas with some white gesso to highlight..

10 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Finnalin, you are so clever. The lines formed by the corrugated cardboard work really well,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaayy someone's linked at last!! Thanks Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous,it's really a hard look to achieve as well isn't it,to pull it all together like that.

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love this, it look stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning and I think you managed to follow her style brilliantly, even without doing one of her classes, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lin, that is so beautiful. You certainly put your day off to excellent use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an absolute stunner, Lin - gorgeous Finn style, and subtle, delicate colours - it's really beautiful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know how I missed this one Lin but it's gorgeous! I do hope you get to do a Finn class someday soon because I know you'll have a fabulous time.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..