7 Feb 2015

Shiny things

Because of all the new scrummy releases over on the paper artsy blog this week we have had an extra week to play with shiny things. I decide to make a large tag which I think I will use as the cover for a tag book. I was inspired by Penny Nuttalls book cover which you can see here.

I spread matt medium all over a no 10 tag and used my brayer as Penny did to spread some paper clay over most of it leaving some of the tag bare..I then stamped into it using the collage stamp from LP030




Next I painted it over with black gesso and dried it with my heat gun.....





 I rubbed a versamark pad all over so that the mica powders would sick and started added colour randomly with five different mica powders

 I spritzed it with some water and let that dry then spritzed it with perfect pearls and left some of it to puddle..

 When it was dry I touched up some of the raised areas with florentine and copper treasure gold..



                                              The finished tag




Thanks for stopping by.........

9 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun technique! I must give it a try! I have some paper clay which I used to make little doll faces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh love this! what a gorgeous shiny tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely Lin. Great colours and I love the shimmer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Lin! Those colours look gorgeous over the black and I do love the texture from the paper clay. I've never tried it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh now you can't get more shiny than that now can ya - looks fab. Is the clay quite light?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! Amazing shimmer! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is scrumptious. Love the colours too! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous effect with beautiful colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..