20 Mar 2016

Art Dolls

Happy first day of spring everyone!! I had an hour or so to go out to my shed today so thought I would join in with the PaperArtsy art doll topic. I wish I had had more time for this topic but have had a hectic week at week due to the Cheltenham festival and no staff!...so sometimes working in 3 different locations in one day..and I have woken up this morning with a lovely cold...oh joy. Still 4 more days at work then 10 days off!!

Anyway you can pop over to the PA blog just here there is some lovely work from all the designers.

I only had time to do a tag but got the chance to use a set of my new stamps from paperartsy..a birthday gift from my lovely friend Helen.

I started by painting a tag with sage frescos and adding a layer of crackle glaze...when that was dry I added chalk fresco..quite thick for big cracks. I stamped the doll stamp directly onto the tag and added embossing powder to the crown I stamped her again on smoothy card and cut out the body then again the heart. I painted the dress in chartreuse and the heart with claret. I added feathers at the back and some jewels on the crown.




Thanks for stopping by...

6 comments:

  1. hope you get rid of your cold in time for your time off work, can't be being sick on holiday!! love your art doll tag, she's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab image, lovely tag, great use of the feathers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's super Lin....love your tag...and I love the feathers

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely Lin, Shrek girl is such a good stamp and on my list of to get. Hope your cold goes quick, especially before your hols. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab, love those feathery bits! Wish I could gift you more time,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..