16 Jun 2013

Inspiration from France Papillon

Well France was back on the paper artsy blog this week, she did 3  great projects and a video on day two you can see them here.

My project that was inspired by France is a bit of day one and a bit of day 3..I didn't have a mini chest of drawers or any little bottles for the canvas, so I had a rummage and found a wooden calender thingy that I bought at an artsy crafts many moons ago!



I started of by scraping tinned peas and sage all over the piece with an old credit card. I than scraped crackle glaze thinly all over and left it to dry.


Next painted a thick coat of snowflake for nice big cracks..









 I made a lid for the numbers out of greyboard and put little piano hinges on it so the top could open..It is painted he same as the main piece. I then stuck it across the opening and added some lace along the front.














I stamped  the script form backgrounds 2 randomly all over in coffee archival..I watered down some snowflake and tinned peas and roughly rubbed it over the wooden blocks.


I cut a piece of wire and dabbed it with chocolate pudding and french roast, I then stuck in on the back. I twisted some strips of wire and placed those over top and then placed a die cut book plate over the top of that.. It has a quote inside which reads *enjoy today,live for tomorrow and dream for the future*. I added a hitch fastener to the top so the lid can be opened to change the days and months.
Finally I Edged the whole piece with coffee archival and as France would say Ta Dah..

thanks for stopping by...






8 comments:

  1. Lovely piece! Really effective. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Lin! I have had one of these waiting to be decorated for a shamefully long time!!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and glad you went with the handle for the lid!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's beautiful Lin, great interpretation of France's project too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful shabby chic make, Lin!
    I LOVE it! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog too :)

    Hugs,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lin what a bonza idea, I love it, it looks so cool too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant take on France's project Lin. Love how you shabbied it all up and added your own ideas to it too. Clever girl!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..