10 Nov 2013

Christmas card challenge with Darcy

This week Darcy challenged us to make a bunch of Christmas cards using the same stamp. well she did six cards using the brilliant steam punk robin from one of her new releases of stamps..(and very nice they are too!!) Well this robin is one of my favs of Darcy's stamps but I don't have him :( so I used a whipper snapper stamp instead. Now I must admit that I rarely make cards these days so I am more than a bit rusty lol..I didn't have time to make six cards so had to settle for three..




The first one is just stamped onto white card and coloured in prismas..all shades of blue..I painted the snow with puff paint and put tiny dots of it all over the rest of the card.


The second one was again stamped onto white card and coloured with copics and promarkers. This was mounted onto red card and then onto black card which has snow flakes stamped in white versafine.


The third one was stamped with walnut stain distress ink. I used water brush to soften the lines. I distressed the edges and used frayed burlap to soften the edges and added a tiny bit of glitter to the snowy parts.

Thanks for stopping by....

10 comments:

  1. Great cards, but I love the third one, it's gorgeous

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing 'smiley' cards Lin. Love those snowmen!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My faves are the blue and the third one (like Sam) but I think they are look great! Such a cute stamp and really skilful stamping and colouring. I am so slow with cards - just can't do CAS! Ah well! It's all about playing and having fun! Have a nice day! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look fabulous, Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love the Sepia one especially

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! love those snowballs! My fave is number 3, totally love the vintage feel. thanks for playing Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving numbers 1 and three, really fab stamp, loads of fun. the puff paint works very well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific cards, the little snowmen are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the sepia effect. Great cards

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..