16 Mar 2013

Using up the plastic with Helen Chilton

Another project inspired by Helen Chilton over on the paper artsy blog. Helen used an old credit card for this project but I didn't have one so I used a piece of plastic packaging. Well two pieces. I painted both with snowflake and let it dry.

The first tag was sponged and blended in london bus..smoked paprika and a bit of zesty zing. I then stamped the background using script from PT4 and background 5 in black archival. Knocked it back with watered down snowflake and stamped mini 84 with crimson archival.

Stamped the heart from HP1217 and painted it using the same colours as the tag.After cutting it out I heated it until it started to curl..stuck it to the tag using foam squares. I then smudged some snowflake around he edge of the heart with my finger,  added some buttons. Last but not least I painted on two coats of gloss glaze.





The second tag I painted a base coat in snowflake then blended limelight and south pacific. Stamped the script from BG2 randomly and mini 72 in black archival.


I then stamped the small script stamp using manganese blue ink. Stamped the small tag and hat from PT4 and painted with the same colours as the tag, cut it out and  heated the tag until it started to curl and left to set again.

I stuck it to the larger tag with foam squares and added some blue fibres, gave it two coats of gloss glaze and edged the larger tag with black archival. This is a very good way to use up all the packaging we end up with, so thank you Helen for the inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant improvising! I have some plastic packaging but don't think I will have time to have a go tomorrow. They look great, by the way, I should have said that first, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very gorgeous tags !!! I have not enough time to do something inspired by Helen Chilton this week, but enough time to admire your tags ! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran out of days in the week and totally missed Helens PA week, But your tags look super.
    Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog, much appreciated xox

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..