25 Aug 2013

Fabric Tag

As you know it's been Carol's last week on the paper artsy blog. On day three she did a beautiful fabric hanging and some tags, you can pop over and see them here, it is well worth having a look.
So I thought I would play around with some fabric and my baby sewing machine and have a go at a tag....well I am not sure I really like how it turned out....think I will probably have another go at some stage but here it is...


I didn't have any canvas so used a piece of calico and painted it in various fresco paints..smoked paprika,london bus,autumn fire,zesty zing and claret. Using mini no61 I stamped randomly all over the tag.I then sandwiched it between some wadding and smooth cotton fabric and stiched them all together.
I stamped the lady using black archival onto a smooth cotton fabric and heat set it. Painted her in frescos. I frayed the edges before painting..and then stitched her to the tag.
I made the embellishments with my new molds using paper clay and painted them all black. I then brushed on some copper and florentine treasure gold. I also added some treasure gold around the edges of the tag. Added some tape and lace to the bottom and it was done.

Thanks for stopping by.....

9 comments:

  1. Stunning project, love the colours you have used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh great fabric tag Lin, love the warm colour combo and your image is prefect with the embellies.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had somewhere I could get these fabrics from.... just nowhere in Sutton that sells anything like this. I think I have to get a little machine too...lol!
    I love this, Lin, it's so gorgeous. The colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's lovely. The frayed edges around the image look very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Braver than me. I've not tried fabric stamping, and I don't have the right ink for it, so I'll work up to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab entry from you Lin! This is yummy and love the colours. Beautiful fabric stamping too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red color is so pretty! Tag is gorgeous.I love it! I will try fabric tag soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should put a flower on it and send it to Sam! LOL Looks great, you don't sound so sure, But I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is FAB Lin. I can only see a small pic on my phone at the mo (no PC) but I want to see it in more detail as soon as I get it back. I think you've stamped it brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..